Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 6 - Matthew 22:34-40

This is my first ever blog post...am I'm already running late.

Last night we had a surprise birthday party for Beka. A few friends from Ohio added to the surprise by coming and we spent today together in Chicago. There is nothing quite like the seasoned conversation of a long-term friend. I love being around these guys. I love to hear about what is happening in their lives, about their struggles and successes. I value time with them more than I value time by myself. I would do anything for them and apparently they would do anything for me - including blowing off work, school, and the weekend because they knew it would be a special day for us.

So what does all this mean in the midst of a 21-day challenge asking, "God, how can You use me?" Simply this: love is the key catalyst for being used by God. It prioritizes our thoughts and actions. It generates the passion and resolve necessary to carry out our intensions. Love never fails.
To love God means that I love spending time with Him, that I value time with Him more than I value time by myself and it means that I would do anything for Him. Love means I put Him first in my decisions. So how do I love God more?
The Bible says, "We love because He first loved us." (1 Jn. 4:19) As we reflect on who God is and what He's done we will end up saying things like, "How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me?" (Ps. 116:12) In view of His mercy we will consider our bodies as living sacrifices (Ro. 12:1)
We make doing what God wants us to do too difficult sometimes. Jesus made it simple. Love God, love others, everything else will fall into place.
God, may a better understanding of You uncloud my priorites.
May I find a joy in serving that comes from a relationship with You. Amen

No comments: