Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 15 - 1 Corinthians 9:22-23

Essentially Paul says that he will do anything short of sin to reach the lost. I want that to be a theme of my life.

This is a toughy for some because it means letting go of tradition to gain a hearing for truth; to choose people over programs. To create ministries and ministry tools that are new and different in order to reach new and different people.

I personally have never have had a problem letting go of an older paradigm in order to make room for a new one if it is effective. When I read 1 Corinthians 9:22-23 though, I have to ask how this applies to me personally. I think it means I put myself in uncomfortable situations in order to build relationships. I think it means I sacrifice "my time" in order to meet people. I think it means I prioritize evangelism in my life.

This is near and dear to my heart because I want to do this for the community I live in. As I lead the launch of the East Campus, I realize more and more how important it is for me to be an integral part of the community we want to reach.

No comments: