Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 4 - Daniel 10

As I read through Daniel 10 I cannot fathom what Daniel must have felt in those moments. However, I am struck by the similarities between Daniel and ourselves. We both have received a vision; Daniel's was given to him supernaturally, ours has been delivered through the leadership of Suncrest. Both visions are of a huge change that is about to take place. Daniel took steps in his life to help him fully understand what God is saying to him, and those of you that are reading this have added this to your time of devotion or have started a devotion time(huge step in hearing from God).

Everyone that hears the news of Suncrest's next step no doubt has a flood of emotions and thoughts. Why? How? What does this mean to me? The questions and fears could easily paralyze us...we are not so different from Daniel.
vs. 19 "Do not be afraid, O man highly esteemed," he said. "Peace! Be strong now; be strong." When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength."

The vision that we have received is not the same as the vision that Daniel received, however we still need to hear those words just as much as he did 2500 years ago.

My prayer for you is that you will respond the same way Daniel did in verse 19 by saying "Speak, my Lord, since you have given me strength." I promise that God has a role for you in the process of starting a second campus. I pray that you will let him use you.

No comments: